a third grade teacher next year! Last Friday morning as I was teaching my heart out, my principal came to my classroom door and said she needed to speak with me. I had a horrible week with some discipline issues and thought that it may have something to do with that. She told me to grab the student teacher next door and get her on track as to what I was working on and then come to the assistant principal's office. My heart was pounding until I looked out in the hallway and saw one of my team teachers waiting as well. Well, my heart really started pounding! We walked the short distance to the assistant principal's office and one of my other team members was sitting there. I looked at her and said, "what's going on?" My principal and assistant principal both started laughing! It was at that point that I knew everything was going to be ok.
They started off by saying that there have been a lot of changes and that we would be losing one of our teammates to pre-k. They told us the teacher that would be joining our team and then went on to say that they would love for us to teach 3rd grade next year.
I am very excited and somewhat nervous. I will teach 3rd grade and then loop back to 2nd to get another group of students. I will teach the same (majority of) students for 2 years. The good thing is that I will not have to change classrooms, I will just have to make my room look like 3rd grade.
I plan to use many ideas from pinterst! So, I am going to be a very busy bee over the summer. I feel like once I get things established and organized the transitions from year to year will not be bad. So...wish me luck as I embark on this new journey!
Park City Utah
4 years ago


3 Sweet Notes:
Awww, I think 3rd grade is a good age. :-) Good luck; I'm sure you'll do great!
You'll do great Amy!!
Congrats!!
Post a Comment