Saturday, May 5, 2012

Weekend fun

I had one of the best Saturday's!  Typically, Michael works on his car on Saturday mornings or we have something we have to get ready to go do.  We took Dylan to have his second hair cut, which went much better than the first time!  This morning I had a wedding shower to go to.  It was nice to get out and be around a fun group of women.  After the shower, I went home so that Michael could go work on his car for a little while.  Dylan and I ate lunch and then I put him down for a nap.  I played on pinterest for about 30 minutes and then decided to take a nap myself.  Dylan napped for 2 1/2 hours.  Shortly after he woke up, Michael came home.  We grilled out steaks.  Dylan ate a salad (broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots), a roll, a fish fillet, and 1/4 of a sweet potato!  For dessert he had fresh fruit. 
After eating, we decided instead of playing in our yard like we normally do, we would head to the park.  It was about 6:45, so we knew we probably would not get to stay long.  As soon as we parked the car (right near the playground), Dylan pointed and screamed!  He started clapping his hands.  He was so excited!  I did not think we could get him out of the car fast enough.  We had so much fun.  There was a nice breeze coming off the lake.  We plan to return a few more times before the humidity and heat from the summer arrives. 












2 Sweet Notes:

BK said...

He's precious!!

Robyn Beele said...

SOunds like a great weekend! Andrew loves that park! We will have to go some this summer!