Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Kind words

Today was the beginning of my "making a difference over the next 40 days" commitment.  I have a ton of ideas going through my mind, but I started simple.  I sent an email to a friend who I have not seen or spoke to in about 2 months.  The response I got back was more encouraging than the email I sent!  Today was just a reminder of how important friendship is.  I am more excited about this than I thought I would be. 
After stating that I am giving up facebook, I realized that I really don't even get on it that often.  Once today as I was cleaning the kitchen it crossed my mind.  I usually get "hooked" to it when Dylan is napping or has gone to bed and I am just bored.  So...I'm still staying away for the next 40 days.  I think I often get discourage or aggreviated when on facebook because of the negative comments or I begin comparing my life and the things I have to others and sometimes it's discouraging. 

1 Sweet Notes:

Meg said...

Love these ideas of giving up fb, it can be full of negative energy and especially love the 40 day commitment. I'd love to do something like that. I can't wait to hear how its affected you! I'm sure it's going to be great.