I have neglected my blog for some time now. It's time to play catch-up. I need to blog about Christmas, New Year's, Dylan turning 13, 14, and 15 months old, starting school, weekend fun, etc. One of the main reasons I have not blogged in a while is because my laptop's memory is full; therefore, I am not able to download any new pictures.
So where have I been? what has gone on in THE ADAMS FAMILY?
- I started back to school in January. This was a very tough decsision for me to make. I have always said that I would love to get my Specialist degree someday, but never really thought of "when" until I got a very motivational email. Michael and I had been throwing the idea back and forth for a few months. He was really for me going back to school. I, on the other hand, really was opposed. I just didn't know how much of Dylan I would miss out on. But.....then came the email. Piedmont College was interested in holding a cohort in HARTWELL!! Yes, you heard that right! When I was getting my Master's degree, I worked full time, drove to and from Athens, and had class 2 or 3 nights a week. I was getting up every morning at 5:45 in order to get to work at 6:30, then was leaving work, changing my clothes, grabbing something unhealthy to eat, and heading to Athens for a 5:00 - 9:30 class. There were nights when I laid down at midnight. The thoughts of going back to school just did not appeal to me. I have enjoyed the freedom and the family time. As the deadline approached, I started to really think about it and try to weigh out the pros and cons. I (being the OCD person I am) made a list of why it would be good for me to go back to school and why it would not. I only had 2 things that were negative, less time with Dylan and Michael and the dedication to writing papers and doing projects. The positive things way outwayed the negative. So, I prayed about it, went to the informational meeting (which made me sick to my stomach), and put it in God's hands. The lady at the meeting said we had to have 12 people to sign up in order for Piedmont to consider coming to Hartwell. Well.....within just a few weeks I got an email stating that 11 people had signed up and that they were going to go for it! It made me nervous, but it was at that point that I realized that God was in control and he had a plan. So...here we are now. I will complete my first course tomorrow night. We met a total of 4 times of which lasted only about 2 and a half hours. I've written 11 papers/abstracts over the past 8 weeks and have not felt the least bit overwhelmed. I've spent every weekend enjoying my family and my sweet Dylan. I have made it home every night in time to read a bed time story and tuck my little guy into bed. I pray this journey in my life remains stress-free.
- We have visited with family and friends over the past few months and have enjoyed every minute of it.
- I've started a daily devotional. I wake up about 20 minutes earlier than normal and use this time to read the devotional. It has helped me stay focused. I get to school around 7:15 every morning and on the mornings I do not have duty I turn Christian music on and get ready for my students. It has helped me be positive.
- Dylan is changing every day and is sooooooo much fun. His personality is really beginning to shine. I just love how he expresses himself.


4 Sweet Notes:
Wow, I didn't know you were back in school! It is a hard decision to make. I, too, make lists of pros and cons. Sometimes you have to write it all out to see the importance!
I am glad school has not been overwhelming for you. You will be so glad when you have that degree! Can't wait to see you Saturday!
I miss you too!!! I had no idea you were going back to school, sounds like a great opportunity!!
That is so awesome that they're having a cohort in Hartwell, and that it's coming along so well! Sounds like it was the right decision. :-)
Post a Comment