Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 2

Today's timing just wasn't right.  Dylan and I spent the morning hanging out and playing.  A little before 10:00 I decided to lay him down for a nap.  At 10:40 the comcast people pull into my yard which sends Freckles into a frantic.  He barked only once because I immediately got to him, but that one time was enough to wake Dylan up.  I thought he would go back to sleep, but the men climbed a ladder and started hammering right outside Dylan's bedroom.  Ugh!  Nap time was going to be my time to sit and write a letter to my great aunt.  Well.....fast forward about 3 hours.  Dylan and I were playing outside (it was a beautiful day).  Of course I had my camera and was taking advantage of the opportunities to get really cute "boy" pictures.  Dylan was picking up sticks and rocks, digging his hands in the dirt, and rolling around on the ground.  Guess who pulls back into the yard.....the cable guy.  This time they have the bucket truck and were working on the line running from the power pole.  My "giving" mind went to work.  I thought it would be a great idea to offer them something cold to drink.  It was beautiful outside, but I'm sure they had worked up a thirst.  First, I had to catch Dylan who was running straight for them.  I thought Dylan would love to watch them, so I bent down to pick him up not thinking about the camera attached to me and it slammed right into his little nose.  He SCREAMED!!  So off we went back in side to calm down and get something to drink. 
An hour later we packed and in the car to meet Michael at his work.  He had an eye doctor's appointment in Athens and we went along so that we could drive him home. 
It is now 9:00, my stomach is not feeling well today, and I am exhausted.  So...........I am going to email another friend.  This time I am emailing my college roommate who recently had her second child.  Not to mention the fact that her husband's job relocated and they are living in Iowa!  That all happened when she was about 8 months pregnant.  They moved where they knew no one!

1 Sweet Notes:

Robyn Beele said...

I hope you have a better day today! Workers have no idea how precious nap time is! I love your idea of a good deed a day!