Friday, October 17, 2008

show and tell friday



My very first show and tell friday.

We have Pecan trees in our yard!!!! So since I've been on vacation this week. I have been picking up the ones that are on the ground.
Apparently we have three different trees. These are the pecans we have. I should probably leave the smaller ones for the wildlife....
Does anyone know where I can find a nutcracker? I would love to be able to crack these and use them for a fall dessert.

10 Sweet Notes:

Hootin Anni said...

We have one too, and the squirrels always get most of them.

My show n tell is posted...come on over.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to show and tell! It's a fun friday thing to do. As far as the nut cracker, I just saw one at the Dollar Tree. You could probably always find one at wal mart in the kitchen gadget area.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

We have one too and the squirrels are very happy that we do!

Manuela

Grammy said...

They are very easy to crack by hand. I had to collect the ones the squires threw at my cat this year. We did not get many. Try a pail of plyers if you can not do it buy had. They need to dry out a bit. or get roasted in the oven. They keep better in the shell.

Carla said...

I'm a little jealous! We don't have pecan trees anymore and I miss them!! ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

How fun! Make sure you show us what you make!

Blessings,
Susie

Anonymous said...

How fun that you have all of that in your backyard!

Unknown said...

Amy you have been boo-ed check me out to see what to do!

BK said...

You've been boo-ed!!!

Megan said...

I'm jealous of your pecan trees because I love pecans! We live on 4 acres, but don't have any pecan trees! My husband has a degree in forestry, maybe he could tell you the different types of pecan trees you have. Try Bed, Bath and Beyond for a nutcracker.