Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday evening!!!


It's labor day... and yes I had to work. Michael was off. When I got off work I did some research for school and waited for Michael to get home. After he arrived home, I cooked a really good and quick supper. I did not take pictures but I will tell you about it.

Recipe:
Buy on package of Knorr Teriyaki Noodles
About 8 boneless skinless chicken strips

Soy sauce

Garlic Powder
One small Vidalia onion
TBSP of Butter
Cook noodles according to package, set aside.
Place chicken, diced onion, and butter in frying pan. Allow chicken to cook through. Cover with Soy sauce and garlic powder (season to your taste). Cut chicken.
Add Knorr noodles to your chicken. Stir together. ENJOY!!! I promise it is really good.
We enjoyed some squash we had last night and a side salad. Yummy

These are the noodles you will need!!!

This meal only took about 20 minutes to prepare!!

After we ate dinner, Michael and I decided to go walk around the shore line of the lake. The drought has really had a major effect on the lake. We found a hat, old knife, several beer bottles and beer cans.




We walked about two miles. The breeze was really nice and it was wonderful just being together away from everything.



Standing at the water looking back to where the water once was. The old shore!!!!






Michael







Me







Look where the water was once before.......





I love this picture. A bunch of mussel shells!!!





The knife stuck in a tree..... this knife has seen it's day




Proof that a fisherman really got mad when his line got tangled around this tree that was once the bottom of very deep water.






An old foundation we found along the old road.....




Another old foundation...along the old road. CRAZY this was once someone's home




The old road that once took us to South Carolina before the lake was made.

Michael walking up the road. Can you believe the lines are still on the road?


The road and the water.... Look how thick the cement is....

The sun starting setting just as we were leaving


Then we went to DQ afterwards. Michael had a hot fudge sundae and I had an Artic Rush!!!

Hope you enjoyed my post.

4 Sweet Notes:

Robyn Beele said...

Wow that is crazy. We need rain so desperately!! The recipe sounds yummy. I will have to try it out.

Unknown said...

The recipe sounds great I know the lake looks awful we went to the dam on Monday and thought the same thing.

Meg said...

great pics, you guys found some neat stuff. If I had a $ for everytime my dad talked about that road. lol. I should take a pic and give it to him.

I love quick and easy recipes. My kind of dinner!

Unknown said...

Those photos make me sad. Our lake is disappearing...