Thursday, September 25, 2008

Flop

I got home from work today and the hamburger meat I took out this morning to thaw was still frozen SOLID!!! I knew I had to go to wal-mart to get a few household items so I thought, "While I'm there I will look for something for Dinner tonight."

I gathered the few essential items I needed ( and why is it we run out of toilet paper, deoderant, shampoo, household cleaner, and dust spray at the same time?), and then quickly went to the frozen section.

I came across Bertolli Frozen Dinners (I love the spaghetti sauce they have). I thought this would be perfect. I had chicken for dinner last night so I opted for the pork selection. It was a pasta with pork, panceta, sundried tomatoes, spinach, and a creamy sauce.... Sounds good, Right?

WRONG!!!!! The sundried tomatoes were SOUR. It said dinner for TWO, well not with Michael... I had to heat a veggie along with a salad to go with it. We both picked at the pasta. There were about 10 pieces of diced pork in the entire bag!!!


Needless to say, Michael is eating crackers now and we went to DQ for an icecream after cleaning the kitchen.


So I'm warning you... Don't buy it. It's not worth it.
This is not the exact recipe I bought but the package looks like this.
Wouldn't you grab it thinking it would be GOOD!!

7 Sweet Notes:

Unknown said...

I hate when that happens. Ya'll coming Saturday?

Anonymous said...

Oh that stinks - doesn't that make you so mad?!?!?!

Darlene - Our Creative Life said...

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! You have a great blog too!

Unknown said...

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

Meg said...

oh no! hate it when that happens, at least you've got DQ to make up for it.

Sweet Simplicity said...

I have tried the Bertoli frozen dinners before and I was not impressed. I always buy the stouffer's dinners like this. The grilled chicken and veggies is the best. It is enough for me and my husband,but he doesn't eat like most boys I know so it might not be enough for your husby.

Megan said...

I don't like the Bertolli dinners either.