Michael and I knew we wanted to have Dylan baptized as an infant. We discussed it several times after Dylan was born and decided it would be best to wait until he was at least 6 months old. He had terrible colic the first 3 months of his life, and it was so unpredictable. We spent a lot of time at home. Well…summer came and we started discussing which Sunday we would like to have Dylan baptized…and of course..it flew by in the blink of an eye. So, when I realized his birthday was approaching fast, I started looking at the dates of the upcoming Sundays. As I flipped the calendar to October a big smile came across my face. October 23!! That’s the day I wanted Dylan to be baptized. October 23 would have been my Nana’s 87th birthday. She was so a huge part of my life. I grew up next door to her and spent a lot of time just being with her. I knew the day would be special for Dylan, but it made it extra special for my entire family.
Our pastor, Allen Stewart, wasn’t feeling good that day, but he was still able to do the baptism and preach an amazing sermon. He spoke about “Surrendering Strength.” He used our Veteran’s and Cancer survivors as examples (both of which touch my family’s hearts). At the end of the service, there were several people on their knees at the alter. It truly was a heart-felt service. I will never forget his final words, “We had a beautiful baptism today and it just doesn’t get much better than that.” My eyes just filled with tears because to me it was beautiful and I know that my Nana was smiling down on Dylan.


2 Sweet Notes:
This made me tear up! I'm glad it was such a meaningful day. The photos are wonderful!
It was a great service..Dylan is a very special little boy!
Post a Comment