Thursday, August 7, 2008

Prayer Request

I have a prayer request!!!! I need everyone to pray for Jason Martin, a very close friend of mine and Michael's (and several of my blog readers). He had his seventh brain surgery monday and has not responded to this surgery as well as he has the other surgeries. Without going into to much detail (not sure if he would want it posted all over the internet). He is not responding much and is depending fully on the vent for breathing. I received this from his sister not long ago:

From Nikki, Jason's Sister:Ok I have spoken to mama and she said that they have spoken with the dr and they are planning on putting a trachea in Jason to support his breathing and take his feeding tube out of his nose and insert one through his stomach to take some of the stress and uncomfortableness off of his throat and face so to speak. The dr also said that the blood vessels in Jasons brain are having a hard time constriciting and the blood in his brain is not thickening up like they want it to, but they also said that they have faith that Jason is going to pull through this, they are praying for Jason everyday as we are. He also told mama that is going to be a long road but they are going to do everything possible to make it a smooth one for J, that we just have to take it day by day. We know that God is in control and has big plans for J so everyone just keep praying. It may be a long road, but with everybodys prayers and the miracles of God he will pull through this stronger than ever.That's the only news I have as of right now, everything is basically still the same but we have faith day by day things will be getting better!!! Thanks, Nikki


So Please, Please, add him and his family to your prayer list.
We know Jason is a fighter and know that he will pull through. Please pray that God will give him the strength to do this.

2 Sweet Notes:

BK said...

I'll be praying!

Unknown said...

We are praying too!