Dylan wasn't so sure about Fowler when he met him at the hospital or when he came home. I will never forget our first night home as a family of 4. Dylan did great. He wanted to know all about his baby brother and wanted to love on mommy and daddy. He had spent the previous 3 nights with my parents. We all played and cuddled and involved Dylan in EVERY part of "the new baby." Michael and I tucked Dylan in bed that night and went to bed ourselves. The next morning I was already up with Fowler when Dylan came running in the living room. His first question, "Where is Fowler? Is he going to stay?" I guess he thought we were going to keep him for a few hours and send him back. LOL.
The next few days we enjoyed just being a family. We let Dylan stay home from "school" for two days simply because I missed him so much while we were in the hospital. side note----I already had a "guilty" feeling because I was going to have to share my love, but oh my! I would tear up every time I thought about Dylan while I was in the hospital. I missed him soooo much and wanted him to be right there with us.----- The more Dylan was around Fowler the more I could tell he just wasn't so sure about this tiny little baby that had turned his world upside down. Dylan refused to hold Fowler, but would sit beside one of us. He "forgot" how to do the simple things like putting his shoes on, getting dressed, picking up his toys, etc. It was tough. My sweet boy who loved his mommy was UPSET. I knew I had to do something and do it fast. It broke my heart that Dylan didn't "like" his mommy. Dylan helped us take Fowler to his first official doctor's appointment. No luck making him happy there. We had family pictures made. I think Dylan is in two of them. No luck making him happy then. BUT FINALLY...bath time! It was time to give Fowler his first bath. Guess who helped and is still helping with EVERY bath. Fowler is 7 1/2 weeks old and Dylan still doesn't want to hold Fowler but we are getting there. Dylan loves giving Fowler a bath, he thinks it is funny to watch Fowler have his diaper changed, and will help get anything we need for Fowler. I know one day I will look back on this post and laugh as I write about them playing together and becoming best buddies, but for now...we will simply take each day as it comes.
Park City Utah
4 years ago






1 Sweet Notes:
Oh, goodness. My biggest concern is Tristan's reaction to a new baby. Glad to see Dylan is coming around. :-)
Post a Comment