Week 25:
The dreaded 1 hour glucose test. I got back the results and I failed!! My blood sugar was 156 and was suppose to be under 120. So, I had to go back for the 3 hour test. The check-up went great. The babies heart rate was fast (obviously because I had just consumed 50 grams of glucose). I am measuring right on track. I've had a little bit of heartburn and sleeping at night is very hard. I toss and turn and just can't get comfortable. The temperatures outside aren't helping any either. I have spent a lot of time in the swimming pool.
I went for the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. This time I watched the clock to make sure I drank the drink in the 5 minute time frame. It contained 100 grams of glucose this time and tasted like pure sugar. After drinking the drink, the nurse had me go sit back in the waiting room to wait. She said they would call me back every hour for the next three hours. I was so thankful I took a book with me. I sat in the corner of the waiting room and started reading my book. I got very dizzy and started breaking out into a sweat. I felt like the room was so hot. I looked around thinking, I just want to lay down. I thought about going out to my car and turning the air condtioner on full blast. It had only been 30 minutes since I drank the drink. I knew it would be 30 more minutes. This was plenty of time to go lay down. I stopped by the bathroom on the way out to my car. I barely got the door shut and well......lost every bit of the drink. It made me so sick. I came out of the bathroom and let one of the nurses know what had happened. She said, "Oh you will probably have to come back and do the jelly bean test. You will have to eat 100 jelly beans." I told her my name and she got my nurse. My nurse came out and said that since I held the drink down for 30 minutes I should be ok. She wanted to go ahead with the test. So, I sat there for 3 hours, getting up each hour to have blood drawn. After being stuck 4 times I was headed home. I almost had a car sick kindof feeling. I just needed to walk around somewhere cool. So.... I went to Target for a little while. The next week, the nurse called and my results were back. She said everything was well within normal range. So who knows if the drink had time to get into my system. I'm trying to watch what I eat just in case.
Week 27
This week has been a great week. I've worked in my classroom some and will be ready to return to school. I think I've grown a lot this week. I can really tell with some of my clothes. My shirts are beginning to fill up. Luckily, several friends have let me borrow maternity clothes for the fall. They are a size or two bigger than what I'm buying...so I will wear them end of September through October. I'm feeling really good. I get tired easy but still have more energy than in the beginning. I'm having very crazy dreams. It is difficult to get comfortable at night. I'm hoping that once school starts back I will be so tired from working it won't matter if I'm comfortable. I can feel movement all the time and feel when he balls up or kicks out. A big knot forms on my belly. If I scratch my belly it must irritate little one because he starts moving around. I bet the sound is annoying inside. We have been working on the nursery and have it almost completed. I will post pictures of it soon.


2 Sweet Notes:
Amy - That 3 hour glucose screen sounds horrific. I HATE that feeling! It's probably a good idea to watch you eat, because seriously...how do they know it was even the true results? But hopefully so! I can't believe you're already at week 27. Good luck with back to school!
I hate that you had to go through that test, but I am so glad the results were good. You are looking great! Enjoy every moment!
Post a Comment